[lcdds 339] Re: ILC detector timeline

Subject:   [lcdds 339] Re: ILC detector timeline
From:   "Takeshi Matsuda" <takeshi.matsuda@xxxxxx>
Date:   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:01:53 +0900

Dear Yamamoto san and the members of the ILD Joint Steering Board、

Thank you for the detector time line proposed by RD in the last ILCSC. The
followings are my quick comments.

What we heard from RD sounds reasonable, in particular, for the phase 1 of
detector design or the LOI phase, although the original and primary
request/purpose of the process to squeeze the number of the concept/LOI
groups down (to two) is now abandoned. Or do we/they think that this purpose
has already been achieved?

Now concerning to the detector design phase 2, I think that we are better to
have a careful look by ourselves if the goal and timeline might matches the
reality. In the other wards we need to discuss also in the ILD group how to
make it real. When I take the words of "completing the technical design of
detectors including reliable costing by 2012" straight, then I am afraid
that we need adequate resources for our R&D "phase 2" in 2009 already.

Best regards, Takeshi MATSUDA/IPNS/KEK