[lcdds 326] Re: ILD in Sendai

Subject:   [lcdds 326] Re: ILD in Sendai
From:   Mark Thomson <thomson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:36:07 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Hitoshi,

I agree with Ties, given the timescales we need to push on with this
optimisation effort and an ILD meeting at TILC08 will be extremely
useful, particularly for those from Asia who cannot attend the
Berlin meeting.

                        cheers,
                                Mark

p.s. I hope to be able to attend the whole of the TILC meeting.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Ties Behnke wrote:

> Dear Hitoshi,
>
> I am not sure how many people will be able to come to TILC08 -
> I will try to be there at least for part of the meeting.
>
> I think we should schedule a meeting there, even if
> it is only 2 month after the January meeting. It is
> important for the asian community, I guess, and, in addition,
> fit would provide a good intermediate
> point before the May deadline, where we need to
> fix the detector parameters.
> So, I would suggest we plan for the day after TILC08, in
> addition to the half day which I guess will be made available from
> the organisers.
>
> Thanks for the mailing list.
>
> Cheers, Ties
>
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, ?? ? wrote:
>
> > Dear Ties,
> >
> >  At a JSB meeting, we said one day just before or just after
> > the TILC08 plus a half day session within the workshop.
> > It depends on how many people can attend from Europe.
> > Two major ILD meetings only 1.5 months apart do not
> > sound reasonable, though. We may actually cancel the
> > ILD meeting at TILC08 leaving only the half day session.

> > - H
> >

> > On 2007/11/27, at 0:40, Ties Behnke wrote:
> >
> > >Dear Hitoshi,
> > >
> > >I did send you a few days ago a question and a suggestion concerning the
> > >date of the ILD workshop after Sendai. My apologies if this
> > >did not reach you.
> > >
> > >I would prefer that we schedule the meeting at the end of the
> > >Sendai workshop. I have to be at the meeting at the start, since
> > >there will be a discussion of the funding in Germany for the next few
> > >years, which I should attend. How many days are you envisioning for the
> > >ILD meeting? Just a one day affair, or longer?
> > >
> > >Another question: I set up a mailing list for ILD. At the moment I
> > >included all LDC members on this list, since I had access to their
> > >e-mails. What about GLD? Do you have an e-mail list which we
> > >could just send messages to? This might be easiest for the time being.
> > >
> > >The name of the list is ild-main@xxxxxxxx I am talking to our
> > >IT people here to have this list renamed to have the alias
> > >ild-main@xxxxxxxxxx, so that it is more general. This seems possible,
> > >but I do not know exactly when.
> > >
> > >Cheers, Ties
> > >
> > >   Ties Behnke
> > >   DESY FLC
> > >   Tel +49 40 8998 4918
> > >   e-mail Ties.Behnke@xxxxxxx
> > >

>     Ties Behnke
>     DESY FLC
>     Tel +49 40 8998 4918
>     e-mail Ties.Behnke@xxxxxxx

|  Dr. Mark A. Thomson                 University of Cambridge,       |
|  E-mail: thomson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   Department of Physics          |
|  Phone:   44 1223 765122             Cavendish Laboratory,          |
|        or 44 1223 762332 (College)   J J Thomson Avenue,            |
|  Fax:     44 1223 353920             Cambridge, CB3 0HE, U.K.       |
|  http://www.hep.phy.cam.ac.uk/~thomson/                             |