[lcdds 269] Re: modified assembly scheme for GLD

Subject:   [lcdds 269] Re: modified assembly scheme for GLD
From:   OMORI Tsunehiko <tsunehiko.omori@xxxxxx>
Date:   Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:39:38 +0900

Dear Andrei-san,

Thank you for your suggestions.

> The pure-CMS assembly, even if it requires larger
> 20m shaft, appears to be more cost effective.

I think this is not trivial.
I think that we have to take ground utilities into account.

The pure-CMS assembly may require smallest underground utilities,
however it requires largest ground utilities.

The pure-ATLAS assembly may require largest underground utilities,
however it requires smallest ground utilities.

The modified-CMS assembly may require medium underground utilities,
and it requires medium ground utilities.

We can say that both pure-CMS assembly and modified-CMS assembly make
the period of underground construction shorter than that of
the ATLAS assembly.  However, I think that we don't have data for
cost comparison yet.

best regards,
Tsunehiko OMORI